The lovely waterside Imperial Hotel in Torquay, England, will again host the Feast of Tabernacles in the United Kingdom. The Torbay Suite, overlooking the bay, provides a wonderful setting for services and fellowship. In addition to services, the following event are planned:
- As 2021 is the 401st anniversary of the departure from Plymouth of the Pilgrim Fathers, we plan to include a visit to the docks in Plymouth from where they set sail.
- We will also return to the legendary castle ruins of Tintagel, where King Arthur may have ruled in the A.D. 500s.
- We'll offer a couple of group meals in the oldest pub in Torquay, The Hole in the Wall, which has been serving meals and drinks to smugglers and businessmen since around 1540.
- Popular last year and included this year will be a river journey followed by a steam train in the South Devon region.
Torquay is part of the Devon coast often referred to as the English Riviera. The four-star Victorian Imperial Torquay is where we will have services and is where we encourage those attending this Feast site to stay to enjoy meals and fellowship in the plush and relaxing environment. There are, however, accommodation options within easy walking distance of the hotel.
Services will be in the Regency Room for the first two services, then in the Torbay Suite. These are both conveniently in the hotel, and have large sea-view windows. The rooms hold a maximum of 150 in attendance.
The standard rooms at the Imperial are pleasant but may not have a sea view. For a modest additional cost you can have a sea-facing room where you will be rewarded with an ever-changing view of the bay. Spread over seven floors, this hotel has 152 stylish and comfortable bedrooms. They have, among other facilities, comfortable beds, plumped-up pillows, en suite bathrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Those accepted for the U.K. site will book directly with the hotel staff using the reference "COGWA," who will verify the booking against a list of those accepted to the site. So please make sure you are accepted before trying to book. If you have any special needs, please discuss them with the reservation team.
Here are the standard rates per room:
- Standard Room: £89 (US$117) 2-adults, B&B
- Standard Room: £129 (US$170) 2-adults, B&B and dinner
- Family Room: £129 (US$170), B&B (children’s breakfast charged as taken)
- Family Room: £169 (US$223), B&B and Dinner (children’s dinner charged as taken)
Supplements to upgrade;
Standard sea facing £10 (US$13) per room, per night.
Deluxe double room (sea facing) at £30 (US$40) per room, per night.
Deluxe family or king room (sea facing) at £40 (US$53) per room, per night.
One-bedroom suite at £80 (US$105) (sea facing) per room, per night.
Two-bedroom suite at £100 (US$132) (sea facing) per room, per night.
Rooms at the above rates will be subject to availability.
Additional information about self-catering accommodation nearby will be provided upon request. There is also a camp site about two miles away where caravans can be hired.
Arrivals and departures
Exeter Airport is 25 miles from Torquay. Flights arrive from Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, etc.
Torquay is a three-hour drive from London, although if you decide to fly to Heathrow, National Express bus travels to Torquay for about £20 ($26) per person.
Plymouth is one hour away by car and also has many places of interest to visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to Torquay!