Festival Site Updates
August 15, 2017
Fun Fair adult volunteer request
If you are at least sixteen years of age and would like to volunteer to serve Tuesday, Oct. 11, at the Fun Fair, please choose one or two of the options below and email me your choices at email@example.com. Within three weeks you should receive a reply back with details on your activity choice, along with the volunteer schedule. If there are enough volunteers, we should be able to create two 2½-hour shifts.
Thank you very much,
Associate Pastor, Ohio-Indiana congregations
Planned activities (please specify a 1st and 2nd choice, as well as one or two shifts. I’ll try to accommodate the position(s) you request.) Supplies will be provided for the following:
- Volleyball (includes setup, takedown of net, referees with a whistle, line judges)
- Flag Football (includes setup, takedown of supplies, referees with a whistle)
- Speedaway (includes setup, takedown of supplies, referees with a whistle)
- Corn Hole Toss (includes setup, takedown of supplies)
- Face Painting (includes setup, takedown of supplies) Experienced artists are needed!
The following two activities will require more planning over the coming weeks. I will spend more time corresponding with volunteers for these activities:
- Novelty Olympics (An experienced emcee or two are needed to use a headset microphone and sound system to conduct the games—please specify your experience level! Line judges and setup helpers are also needed.)
- This event could operate continuously for several hours depending on the interest level. Little party favors have been purchased for the winning team of each game.
- Kid’s Carnival Games (Volunteers needed to set up and operate carnival games on an open field.)
- This event will likely operate for the full afternoon depending on the interest level. Any volunteers for this event who own and can bring and operate any carnival-type apparatus for the children would be greatly appreciated—please describe your apparatus in detail! Party favors will be provided for giveaways.
July 28, 2017
Caribe lowered rates
To all Orange Beach Feast-goers. The Caribe has lowered their rates quite a bit for our group to entice a few more of you to stay with them. They are also agreeing to apply this new rate to all who have signed up already. As long as you have identified yourselves as being with our group, these new rates should apply. See the pricing difference below. The cleaning and reservation fees still apply as before. For most reservations, this could be a savings of $250-$300 on your stay. While we are not promoting people to change reservations, we would like everyone to know about this update.
|Room Type||Old Pricing||New Pricing|
|3-Bedroom + Media||$304.14||$247.53|
Prices include tax.
July 28, 2017
If you are interested in attending this year's golf scramble, please view the order form and payment details.
July 13, 2017
Feast activity information available
A description of activities for the Orange Beach site has been posted. Check out what will be happening and be aware of any events that require advance ticket purchase by viewing the activities and schedule.
May 12, 2017
Kaiser Realty online reservations
If you are interested in staying with Kaiser Realty by Wyndham Vacation Rentals for the Feast this year, we have recently received online reservation instructions. Please visit wyndhamvacationrentals.com/promotion/feast-of-tabernacles-2017 and use the promo code TABERNACLE17 to receive the discounted rate beginning May 22 (or May 15 for early housing reservations).
Serving the southeastern area of the United States, we will again be hosting this year’s Feast of Tabernacles at beautiful Orange Beach, Alabama. Orange Beach is a family-friendly location, with beautiful, white-sand beaches if you want to stay on the coast—or a quaint marina with sailboats in a secluded harbor if you prefer staying a bit inland.
The housing will again be a mixture of hotels and condos. Since this year the Feast falls earlier in the calendar year, we will be finishing up Tabernacles just as the area’s annual shrimp festival is getting started. We have secured good rates, but they may be a bit higher than last year, so pay attention as you make housing arrangements.
Services will be held in the Orange Beach Event Center, located in the Wharf district. The Wharf has many fine restaurants, shopping, a marina and lots of outdoor activities for the whole family. Many area restaurants are now catering to our dietary requirements, so look for those establishments when you arrive.
There are multiple beach locations—stretching across several miles—that allow for parasailing, diving, deep-sea fishing, glass-bottom boats, dolphin tours, beach volleyball and a host of other Gulf-related activities. If your interest isn’t beautiful white sand, then just minutes from the beach are kayaking, canoeing, golf, sailing and several theme parks for the young at heart.
If your plans call for a beach venue for this year’s Feast of Tabernacles, we welcome you to Orange Beach, Alabama!
Fragrance-controlled room available: No.
Tax rate for accommodations: 11 percent. (Be sure to read details on each property listed in the housing information. Some Orange Beach accommodations include taxes and fees in their rates.)
Closest airports: Pensacola, Florida (PNS), 36 miles; Mobile, Alabama (MOB), 66 miles.