Festival Site Updates
September 27, 2017
Feast Facebook page
We are just one week out from the start of the Feast of Tabernacles! We have created a private Facebook Group page for you to join and interact with other members who will also be attending San Diego. We encourage you to join and start chatting with other members. You’re also welcome to invite anyone that you know who will be attending San Diego. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Click here to join!
September 19, 2017
Services for the Sabbath after the Feast of Tabernacles, Oct. 14, will be held at the regular Los Angeles congregation location beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Services will also be held for the Day of Atonement, Sept. 30, at this location with a 2:30 p.m. start time.
September 12, 2017
Parking and activities update
Parking in most areas of San Diego can be expensive. The Crowne Plaza has given us a sizable discount. For those staying at the Crowne Plaza, the rate will be $3 per day. For those who are using other housing, the rate will be $5 per day. This is a great discount from the regular rate.
If you are staying off-site and need to park each day, the hotel has agreed to make it as easy as possible. When you drive in to the Crowne Plaza for the first time, simply drive through the gate receiving a ticket stub. You can then go to the front desk (let them know you are with the church group) and ask for a "key card." This allows you to pay in advance for parking for the duration of the Feast. This will speed up the process and allow you to scan your prepaid "key card" each time you enter and exit.
- Dinner Cruise: The deadline for the dinner cruise sign-up is here! We have until Monday, Sept. 25, to add any additional participants (upon availability). If anyone decides they would like to join the dinner cruise after Monday, Sept. 25, or at the Feast, you can do so upon availability at the regular rate.
- Golf Tournament: This year the minimums were not met for this event, causing us to cancel it.
- Family Dance and Teen Beach Party: If you have not signed up for the Family dance or the teen beach party, all Feast attendees are still welcome to attend! We were simply looking for numbers for planning purposes, and still have plenty of room. If you would like to attend but have not registered, please reply by email. We can add additional numbers to our plans.
- Senior Banquet: Sign up for the Senior luncheon is going well. If you would like to attend, but have not registered, we still have plenty of space available. This lunch is provided at no cost to our seniors and mates who are aged 65 and older. If you have not registered, but would like to attend, please reply to this email and we will include you in the numbers.
- Youth Day: Don't forget that we will have stuffed animals on the stage on youth day for our children to pick out and take home with them. Please drop off any stuffed animals at the business office that will be located in the foyer of the meeting space. After our children have picked up one, any additional animals will be donated to a local children's hospital.
July 14, 2017
Festival music participation
For those who have not registered to participate in Festival music for San Diego, but would like to contribute in this way, please contact our Festival Music Coordinator, Janel Johnson, via email at email@example.com or via phone at 419-566-8026.
Teens are especially welcome to participate, and it's guaranteed that serving in this way will not conflict with the scheduled teen activities.
Share your talent! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
July 13, 2017
Feast activity information available
A description of activities for the San Diego site has been posted. Check out what will be happening and be aware of any events that require advance ticket purchase by viewing the activities and Ticket Order Form.
May 16, 2017
Crowne Plaza housing reservations
If you are interested in staying with the Crowne Plaza in San Diego for the Feast this year, please use the toll-free (888) number or the online reservation option to reserve housing beginning May 22 (or May 15 for early housing reservations). Please disregard the (619) number; it is no longer valid.
San Diego, also known as the jewel of Southern California, will again be one of our sites for this year’s Feast of Tabernacles. San Diego is a top travel destination and has a year-round climate that attracts many visitors.
This year we will be meeting at the Crowne Plaza for all services during the Feast. The resort is located on Hotel Circle and is just one mile from Old Town San Diego and 3 miles or less to Mission Bay, Sea World and other attractions. The Crowne Plaza is beautifully landscaped with a Hawaiian theme, and the hotel has seen many upgrades in the last year. We are expecting about 350 in attendance.
The hotel has offered us a $10 discount off the normal parking rate, charging only $3 per day for hotel guests and $5 per day for members staying off-site and coming to the venue each day for services. Those staying off-site can purchase a guest parking pass at the Crowne Plaza's front office for easy access to parking each day. This full-service hotel also has a restaurant, coffee/sandwich shop, sushi bar in the evenings, lounge, gift shop, exercise room, business center, on-site guest laundry, large outdoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool/hot tub.
We appreciate attendees’ staying at the Crowne Plaza, since that will reduce our cost for a wonderful meeting space. The hotel has given us a reduced rate and offers complimentary Internet, in-room refrigerators and microwaves. There are numerous restaurants and shopping facilities within 1 to 2 miles of the hotel. Other nearby hotels and vacation rentals will be available. Some of these housing properties are within walking distance.
Planned activities will include a family dance, seniors’ luncheon, teen and young adult activities, a golf tournament and more.
Local activities are plentiful, with snorkeling, surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, deep-sea fishing, whale and dolphin watching, dinner or harbor cruises, wineries, mountain biking, golfing, scuba diving, tide pools, shopping and more. San Diego is also host to a wide variety of restaurants and fine dining.
Fragrance-controlled room available: No.
Tax rate for accommodations: 12.7 percent.
Closest airports: San Diego (SAN), 5.7 miles; Orange County (SNA), 82 miles.